Saturdays 9am - 12pm
View directions / map
The Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS), Helping you make the right choice.
Stonehouse Corinium is an Accredited Founding member of the Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) offering comprehensive guarantees covering deposits through to the final installation on Double Gazing and Conservatories.
The DGCOS has the backing of the peoples’ consumer champion, Nick Ross. It protects consumers against cowboy operators. The former BBC Crimewatch and Watchdog presenter is the ambassador of the Ombudsman Scheme, which provides comprehensive protection for homeowners installing windows, doors, conservatories, orangeries and associated products by its members.
“If you’re thinking of buying double-glazing or a conservatory I strongly recommend you use a DGCOS member.” Nick Ross
Who is DGCOS?
The DGCOS is ‘the’ Ombudsman Scheme for the UK double glazing industry – a powerful organisation that offers unparalleled consumer protection.
The DGCOS helps you to make the right choice in using reputable installers that trade ethically, use ethical sales practices, deliver quality workmanship and offer excellent value for money.
If you are looking to buy double glazing or a conservatory the DGCOS is designed to protect you against rogue installers. Homeowners who use DGCOS installers get free access to professional mediators, independent inspectors, a legally binding dispute resolution service and a compensation fund to honour awards made by the Ombudsman.
Benefits To Consumers
Consumers using Accredited Members of the DGCOS have the advantage of the following benefits:
- A comprehensively vetted Installer.
- Deposit Protection Insurance to safeguard any deposits you may pay (up to 25% of the contract price maximum cover £50,000).
- A Comprehensive Written Guarantee on the quality of workmanship.
- An Insurance Backed Guarantee to protect the original guarantee in the event of the installer ceasing to trade.
- Free inspections of disputed installations when necessary during the mediation and/or arbitration process.
- Free Conciliation, Mediation, and Arbitration Procedures to deal with any disputes that may arise between consumers and members.
- Access to the DGCOS Compensation Fund to honour any awards made by The Ombudsman.
Consumers therefore have a very high level of protection in place and can be secure in the knowledge that they are using an installer that the DGCOS is satisfied has a proper level of competence and adequate administration procedures.