Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme
Stonehouse Corinium is a Founding member of Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme. Accredited DGCOS Installer offering full guarantee from deposit to the final installation of their Double Gazing or Conservatories.
"If you're thinking of buying double-glazing or a conservatory I strongly recommend you use a DGCOS member." Nick Ross
If you are looking to buy double glazing or a conservatory the new Ombudsman Scheme has been launched to protect you against rogue installers. Homeowners who use DGCOS installers get free access to professional mediators, independent inspectors, a legally binding dispute resolution service and a Compensation Fund to honour awards made by the Ombudsman. DGCOS will help installers restore the industrys reputation; provide teeth where none existed and help professional installers
differentiate themselves from cowboys. DGCOS is exactly what the sector needs to restore consumer confidence and help promote quality installers.
Benefits To Consumers
Consumers using Accredited Members of DGCOS have the advantage of the following benefits:
- A comprehensively vetted Installer.
- Deposit Protection Insurance to safeguard any deposits you may pay (up to 25% of the contract price maximum cover £50,000).
- A Comprehensive Written Guarantee on the quality of workmanship.
- An Insurance Backed Guarantee to protect the original guarantee in the event of the installer ceasing to trade.
- Free inspections of disputed installations when necessary during the mediation and/or arbitration process.
- Free Conciliation, Mediation, and Arbitration Procedures to deal with any disputes that may arise between consumers and members.
- Access to the DGCOS Compensation Fund to honour any awards made by The Ombudsman.
Consumers therefore have a very high level of protection in place and can be secure in the knowledge that they are using an installer that DGCOS is satisfied has a proper level of competence and adequate administration procedures.